0203 909 1525

0203 909 1525

0203 909 1525

Home Insurance

Make yourself at home.

Get in touch for a free initial chat – we’d love to help!

Get in touch

Home Insurance

Protection for your home and the contents in it.

Here we’ll cover your home insurance options.

Buildings insurance

Buildings insurance will cover damage to your home, such as structural damage of the roof, ceiling, walls, flooring & foundations. 

For example, if there was damage to your bathroom or kitchen, your buildings insurance policy will help cover the costs of repair.

Contents insurance

Contents insurance covers your personal possessions & the contents within the property.

For example, you’ll have cover in the event of theft, fire or flooding. 

This policy can essentially cover items that can be taken out of the property, unlike buildings insurance which covers the actual structure of the property.

Do I need buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance is usually compulsory if you’re looking to buy a home with a mortgage, unless this is covered by the freeholder (if you’re buying a leasehold property). 

If buying a home, we’d generally look to have buildings insurance in place for our clients for the date you exchange contracts on your purchase.

This will need to be sufficient to cover the cost of rebuilding your home, however this is not the same as the market value of the property (it’ll generally be lower).

How can I find out the cost of rebuilding my home?

This is where a surveyor can help. 

If you’ve arranged a private survey for your purchase, the surveyor should be able to tell you the rebuild cost. 

Alternatively, this may be available through the mortgage valuation taken place when applying for your mortgage. 

Do I need contents insurance?

Contents insurance is optional, although you may decide that it’s worth the peace of mind to have cover in place for your personal possessions, particularly if there are some high value items. 

We’d generally look to have contents insurance in place for our clients for completion of a new purchase.

I work from home – will my business items be covered?

If you have a home office, it’s important to ensure your policy covers items that are used for business purposes. 

You may find that you also need business insurance to cover this.

How often should I review my buildings & contents insurance?

If you’re buying your first home or moving home, look into your insurance options as soon as possible.

If you’re a current policyholder, we’d recommend reviewing your cover around one month prior to your renewal date.